CMT forstner bits are saw tooth models with 3/8" round shanks. Made with alloy tools steel. Made in China.
Timberline forstner bits are flat bottom with center spur. The shank is 3/8" round and made of tool steel. Made in China.
Amana forstner bits are flat bottom with center spur. The shank is 3/8" round and made of tool steel. Made in Germany.
TIPS AND WARNINGS
- Making repeated shallow cuts and allowing the bit to cool for two or three seconds between passes will increase the life of your bit. Overheating caused by chip buildup or constant contact with the cutting surface will remove the temper from the bit’s cutting edges.
- You can also extend the life of your bits by not exceeding the maximum speed recommended for the type of wood. Applying excessive force to the bit while drilling will also cause overheating.
- Remove all the chips from the previous hole before boring a second or subsequent hole when mortising.
- Small Forstner bits can be used in a hand drill, but the results are usually less than satisfactory. Using bits larger than 19mm (3/4”) in a hand drill can cause injury when the bit hangs on an imperfection in the wood.
- Always wear proper eye and hearing protection when working with power tools.
STEEL FORSTNER BITS
Share this Product
More from this collection
Woodline manufactures and sells only quality carbide tipped and solid carbide router bits backed by a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Need a gift idea for your favorite woodworker?
Gift Cards from Woodline are perfect!